Klipsch has always been a leading pioneer in terms of improving sound quality for all forms and mediums, ever since it was established by audio legend Paul W. Klipsch. Producing high fidelity speakers, with some of them now more than 70 years in production, Klipsch has always been a brand name and a leading figure in sound innovation.
The ProMedia lineup is their response to turning your computer into an entertainment system, rivaling the sound produced by the large speakers in your living room. The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX certified computer speaker set is a true sound hero, bringing incredible and exceptional house-shaking sounds at a very cost-efficient price.
The 2.1 system means that you’ll be getting two very powerful speakers with built-in tweeters plus a very authoritative and exceptionally powerful subwoofer, at a size that is still convenient enough to be handled by almost any desktop today.
Bringing the signature Klipsch sound to any desktop computer, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is an incredible choice for the true sound enthusiast who will enjoy and appreciate its crystal clear highs and incredibly deep and expressive lows.
- Compatible with any device – even gaming consoles and most portable audio devices – that has a 3.5mm jack; externally powered through a 110/120 VAC voltage
- 1 system consists of two powerful main speakers and one equally powerful subwoofers for complete sound definition simply unmatched by other 2.1 systems today, with full THX integration for consistently powerful and defined sounds
- Easily controllable sound adjustments through the ProMedia 2.1 control pod; subwoofer and main volume adjustments on one console to further simplify full audio manipulation
- Fully exclusive Klipsch MicroTractix horn technology that gives your speakers a distinct sound comparable to maximizing potentials of digital technologies such as CDs, MP3 downloads and streaming radio programs; Poly compression tweeters for incredible sound details and 3” long-throw fiber composite cone woofers, all fitted and covered by strong removable grilles in a smooth black finish
- Powerful frequency response of 31Hz – 20 KHz for a higher clarity and defined sound technology; features 200W of dynamic system power through dual-driven satellite channels producing 35W per channel plus a whopping 130W peak for the subwoofer
- Includes a headphone output port plus an MP3 two-channel soundcard miniplug for additional convenience
Simply incomparable to other 2.1 systems in the same price range, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is a perfect blend of power and definition through crystal clear and highly expressive sounds. Dubbed as the Internet’s Favorite Computer Speaker, it lives up to its name by offering unmatched sound quality in almost every aspect, plus innovations unheard of for computer speakers.
The ProMedia 2.1 is fully compatible with any sound-emitting device with a 3.5mm port and is completely free from any of the hassling driver installations found in lesser speakers. You’ll know it’s powerful due to its need for a separate 110/120 VAC power source, which is perfect for true sound enthusiasts.
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1’s system includes two high fidelity speakers with crisp and clear sounds plus a subwoofer that brings expressive and authoritative lows that are powerful enough to shake your desk. The sheer power of the set brings about incredible detail and emotion in all your favorite music, movies or video games.
The ProMedia 2.1 is the first of its kind to be fully THX-certified, integrating it with the latest in sound technology to produce sounds of a high caliber unlike any other. All volume adjustments, including subwoofer levels, are made easy with the use of the ProMedia 2.1 control pod, easily adjusted and placed conveniently within reach.
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is fully integrated with a MicroTractix horn technology developed by Klipsch itself. This high-efficiency design reproducing more sound from every watt of power and dispersing and sending that sound straight to your ears for unmatched and distinct quality only found in Klipsch speakers.
The Poly compression tweeters integrated into each speaker produces incredible high fidelity detail on every possible sound produced, while the 3” midbass drivers on each blend perfectly with the subwoofer’s 6.5” side-firing bass response in full bandwidth.
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 features high frequency response figures of 31Hz – 20 KHz for unmatched quality in the form of clearer and crisper highs and ground-shaking yet expressive lows. The 200W dynamic power system means that every form of watt is utilized efficiently to bring you a sound native only to Klipsch audio systems.
Some older models of the Klipsh ProMedia 2.1 are still being fulfilled today, and they are famously notorious for the broken design of their DIN plugs for the subwoofers.
The questionable placement of the power source on the back of the subwoofer (which can be hard to reach) is also a bit of a letdown. Price-wise, it is also a bit on the more expensive range, so take your own budget into consideration.
In terms of unmatched quality in the form of a well-defined and high-fidelity sound, the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 is simply put, one of the best 2.1 speaker systems on the market today. If you have the budget for it and you know your sounds, it is a must-buy.