A home audio theater system, a stereo system, and other audio devices or appliances are mostly compatible with your computer and will probably give out an excellent audio quality when you watch a movie, play games, or listen to music.
The question is,will it be efficient to have that kind of audio set-up for your computer? The obvious answer would be no. Not only will it cost you a good deal of money with the electricity it consumes, but it will also be hard to fit within the area where you have set your computer.
You also do not need that amount of amplification as computers are usually placed in a small or closed room such as your bedroom or computer room. What you need is a high performance left and right tower type speaker that can fit nicely in the sides of your computer monitor or on top of your desk like the Edifier – Exclaim 2.0 Speaker System that is about 12 inches tall with a nice steady stand buzzing out high definition audio quality.
Edifier is a company that manufactures different computer speakers, wireless or not. They also have some home theater system and stereo system products they are more known for bringing great quality sound for your computer.
The Edifier – Exclaim 2.0 Speaker System is one of their best-selling products with great versatility, adjustment, and control. It has so many features packed into this pair of foot-long tower speaker.
- It has a unique design that has a combination of a straight line and a smooth curve. It is a high performing 2.0 computer speaker system with an audio quality comparable with large sets of home audio and theater system.
- The speaker lies on a 3 inches round base that contains within it a subwoofer and a bass for a maximum and deep heart pounding bass effect.
- There is a 3 simple but high functioning control button located at one side of the speaker where it allows you to manage the power and the volume level.
- It includes a 3 millimeter audio auxiliary input to be connected to your computer and also with other compatible devices.
- The speaker set has two colors, black and silver. You can also choose to buy it with Bluetooth features to accommodate wireless devices and make it slightly portable.
- It has anaffordable price compared with other computer speakers, or having a home theater surround system, or a home audio system which are very expensive.
- This speaker can work well for a laptop or a desktop. It can also play good audio with wireless devices provided that you have bought the one with the Bluetooth feature.
- It has great aesthetics. The design looks cool; eye-catching and elegant.
- The bass isgreat.Provided that the speaker base is small, you can still almost feel the pounding and beating of the subwoofer and bass amplifier. A small and compact speaker set with a high power and quality audio.
- It is very affordable but can compete well with those expensive surround speakers with external amplifiers or have many speakers.
- It has sturdy construction. The parts are made of a combination of metal and plastic both of which are made of high quality materials. It does not break easily when accidents such as bumps or falls occur.
- The sound quality along with the bass is good with the setting between medium and low. Turning the volume up to a maximum though will start to have distorted audio quality.
- Time seems to also affect the audio quality of the speaker, over a period of time of non-stop and everyday use of playing different music and sounds slowly lowers the quality of the sound it produces.
- The shape of the base makes it prone to tipping off. A slight bump can get it off-balance and fall down.
- The controls or the buttons of both power and volume is slightly hard to press and can easily get broken. It makes you want to set it in a certain level permanently and just make adjustment on your computer volume control settings.
- It is an inspired product that makes high definition and great audio quality and disregarding most aspects in making it strong, durable, and sturdy.
The Edifier – Exclaim 2.0 Speaker System features and advantages are greatly regarded and very remarkable. It has some few flaws indicated above, but overall, outweighs the advantages.
Given the price and the sound quality of the product, it looks pretty on top of your computer desk and you can enjoy a relaxing or heart pounding music and sound.
The Bluetooth feature works perfectly for most wireless devices such as your phone, tablet or laptop provided that you have bought the package that includes the feature.
Of course, having a Bluetooth add-on feature to your speaker will have an additional cost on the total price of the product.
One thing you can look for if you find this product unsatisfying is the GDI-BTSP201 Bookshelf Speakers by Grace Digital.
It is a bit bulky and has a more stable design as it lies flat on your shelf and with any other flat surface area. The Bookshelf speaker can also play quality music and sound wirelessly, being able to pair it with different devices such as your phone, tablet or laptop.
It has nice versatility as it can also be connected with other media devices and speakers. It can connect with a DVD, CD or Blu-Ray player through an input/output channel located at the back. A good alternative but will cost you more.
The Edifier – Exclaim 2.0 Speaker System is an ideal computer speaker that will provide you with great audio and bass experience. Its aesthetics goes well with any computer set up you have at your home.
It would be one of your great purchases as it will last very long and could adjust with different type of components other than just computers. The Edifier – Exclaim 2.0 Speaker System has an added Bluetooth function to allow you to play music wirelessly if you have bought the set with that kind of feature. This is, in general, a good investment for your computer set-up.