The name Altec Lansing has been synonymous with incredible and high fidelity sounds ever since its conception back in 1927, almost a century ago. Their breakthroughs have always been relevant, and their sounds, even more so.
Their foray into the computer speaker range has been a wide one, with more than a handful of speakers produced; each designed to appease a different set of audio enthusiasts.
For the budget-friendly crowd that wants a 2.1 system, Altec Lansing has developed the Octane 7, a powerful speaker system that seeks to assert itself as the dominant 2.1 system in the below $100 price range. It punches a heavy sound in spite of the compact design and is packaged in a contemporary look that easily complements any computer or laptop.
The exceptional sound produced by the Octane 7 will amaze you in terms of its relative cost-efficiency, and the spectrum of sounds will bring your entertainment expectations to a whole new level.
Featuring a plethora of sound innovations in a small and compact form that is as powerful as its contemporaries, the Altec Lansing Octane 7 is a true-to-form speaker set capable of bringing lifelike quality to every sound it produces.
- Compatible with all computers and devices fitted with a 3.55mm jack; also includes an auxiliary input jack that lets you connect to other devices, such as MP3, CD, and DVD players
- Powerful 2.1 system with two main speakers and an equally powerful subwoofer
- Seven custom-designed drivers; impeccably designed down-firing 3” mid-range drivers blasting sound waves onto a hard surface for even sound reflection and distribution throughout your room; dual 1” micro drivers for incredibly clear and detailed highs associated with great treble; powerful 6.5” side-firing long-throw subwoofer that delivers substantial and fully expressive bass, allowing you to experience loud explosions, kick drums, thunder, and other low-end effects
- Unique down-firing driver design allows for less space consumption while featuring a contemporary design unlike any other on the 2.1 system market; features separate bass and treble controls in addition to volume control for severe fine-tuning of your sound system
- Full Audio Alignment technology developed by Altec Lansing to refine every sound detail for a balanced and exceptionally clear sound through accurate sound reproduction; ensures key audio components work together the way they were meant to in order to deliver sound the way it’s meant to be heard in a perfectly balanced sound system
The Altec Lansing Octane 7 is a powerful and exceptional-sounding 2.1 speaker system developed by the renowned audio company for cost-efficient buyers who want incredible sounds from their speaker systems.
The Altec Lansing Octane 7 is fully compatible with all computers and devices that are fitted with a 3.5mm jack and within reach of an external power source, making it perfect for a plethora of audio systems. The Altec Lansing Octane 7 also includes an auxiliary line-in input jack for connection to other devices such as MP3, CD, and DVD players.
As a 2.1 audio system, the Altec Lansing Octane 7 incorporates two separate main speakers that will fill your room with warm and rich sounds, plus an exceptionally powerful subwoofer that is the very definition of expressive and deep bass.
The Altec Lansing Octane 7 utilizes a system of seven custom-designed drivers, each providing rich and clear sounds to give your system incomparable power when it comes to high fidelity audio. The main speakers use 3” down-firing mid-range drivers that blast their sound onto a hard surface for even sound distribution, a design that is as bold as it is effective.
The design ensures proper reflection and distribution as long as the surface is flat, making use of the desktop to its full advantage in bringing you clear and crisp sound. The main speaker also features dual 1” micro drivers for exceptionally well-defined sound details on all fronts.
All the highs you hear will be incredibly detailed, and the treble is powerful enough to give you a warm feeling when listening to it. These drivers are complemented by the 6.5” side-firing long-throw subwoofer driver that offers expressive and exceptionally deep basses, giving you the full experience in those powerful explosions.
The Octane 7’s unique design allows it to consume less space, thanks to the down-firing midrange drivers on the main speakers. There is an intuitive control scheme of bass and treble controls on the main speaker in addition to the volume control that allows for full sound manipulation by the user.
The awkward placement of the power button behind the subwoofer means that it can be cumbersome whenever you have to turn it off. Sound levels are also a bit off because of the lack of granular adjustments. Sound distortion is also pretty common if you’ve reached a high enough level, which makes it a bit disappointing to use in conditions that call for really loud sounds.
For the price alone, the Altec Lansing Octane 7 is a good choice for a 2.1 speaker system. It has some flaws which could be problematic for the elite in audio perfection, but those can be easily overlooked by most because of the general cost-efficiency you get in a 2.1 system.